I've been a bad blogger because I really want to create a good blog - like the ones I like to read. With photos of the construction process, with finished outfit photos, with detailed info and beautiful shots. I have a camera phone and no one to hold it but me... I'm going to have to figure out a way to work around this.
So anyway, here is some of the stuff I've been working on that I will (I promise!) post about very very soon:
- How the Simplicity 2917 dress worked out (the one I'm calling the Spanish Heat dress, seeing as I wore it for the first time in Madrid)
- The two 3/4 circle skirts I've made
- A remake of the Simplicity 2683 dress for my other niece - turned out a dream!
- An experiment in drafting
- A full post about the McCalls 5974 wrap dress, which I've just finished (I used the navy polka dot from my puny little stash)
- the quest for a go-to dress pattern for fit and flare dresses (which resulted in a shopping spree of 5 new patterns, 5 metres of polycotton for muslin making, and an investment in 10 metres of dot and cross paper for making copies of patterns.